Lots of good news for rail fans these days. The Corvallis City Council passed a resolution that we:
We strongly urge that the Oregon Passenger Rail Project perform an Environmental Impact Statement that includes a route visiting Corvallis in their study and that a full survey of potential demand be performed in Corvallis and at Oregon State University.
This helped the media picking up the story:
- Corvallis wants aboard new passenger rail project (GT, October 21)
- Corvallis residents seek passenger rail service (GT, October 22)
- Outreach sessions planned for Oregon passenger rail project (GT, October 31)
- Researching a route: Rail service improvements are being planned (RG, November 5)
- Corvallis would benefit from passenger rail (GT, November 5 — letter from CAMPO’s Ali Bonakdar)
Let’s keep the pressure on from as many fronts as possible. Write your leaders. Write letters to the editor. Pass along the growing petition. A decision will be announced December 17 by the group making decisions on where a future line will be. Let’s make sure Corvallis is still in the running.